7 Day Sport is a small, independent, family run social enterprise. We are based in Pontardawe, in the Swansea Valley. We are a community website and welcome involvement from anyone in the local area. Whether you want to inform us of events your club has upcoming, tell us about a personal sporting achievement, try your hand at sports journalism and write your own feature, we want to hear from you! So please get in touch.
Our mission is to promote and support grassroot sports in the Swansea and Neath Port Talbot area.
We all know that sport involvement is important for physical health as well as mental health and well being. We aim to promote this to give individuals the best chance for a healthy, active lifestyle.
We also believe that sports clubs are invaluable social hubs and provide participants with opportunities to engage with their community, meet new people, participate in social inclusion opportunities and develop a sense of belonging.
By providing up to date information and details about the kinds of sports that are available in the area we hope to;
- Make more people aware of the sports and opportunities in their local area.
- Inspire people who may think sport isn’t for them to give it a go.
- Help clubs to increase their revenue through participation, club support and promoting events. Ensuring that they have a better chance of staying open.
- Encourage more people to use sports clubs facilities for socialising.
- Make sport more inclusive by promoting a wide range of sports for all ages and abilities.